Monday, December 29, 2008

Ebulation!? Hope?! Confidence?!!!!!


I've searched for the longest time for words to express how I feel about the election of Barack Hussein Obama to the office of president. I can't feel unrestrained joy. Dammit, Regan took that from me, politics wise. The Bushes and the moderate Clinton further sweep unchecked emotions into the netherworld. Then low and behold. My grandest dream comes true. A liberal person who just happens to have Black heritage is elected president. A good man. A person who believes in teamwork, in working with others to achieve what is unattainable without the whole. Fear, is what I feel. For my heart aches for what you stand for. My memory reminds me of all the disappointments I have suffered. Please dear Lord, let Barack shine! Let us have this day.

1 comment:

we_be_toys said...

Amen, sister friend! I have such high hopes right now.